Sunday 17 October 2021

Hands Up! - The build (1) Cautious beginings

Hands Up!
If you read the earlier blog you'll know this was a whole new experience for me.
I'd thought of using Kingspan, having rescued a small piece from a local skip (as you do) I set out to test my theories.



Part of the map was a small offshore island, an extension of the peninsular that had become separated by time and tide, this would be my test and if successfully the first part of my terrain.
Using a serrated carving knife to cut to shape and then 'sculpt' the cliffs I was able to quickly throw this together, I then glued a piece of material (cheap white towel) on top, painted it green and then when dry painted PVA to sides and part of the top before pouring fine sand on top (child's sandpit sand). 

Here are some views of the island with turf ready for use, maybe a bit of painting to touch up the turf, with no beach required it's ready to glue in place or just place it on the terrain board.  






Here is the finished island.

It never was stuck onto the board as I feared it would be knocked off in transit. 




Satisfied with the result I braced myself for the main project.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lizard Men - Lost Children of the Fallen Gods

My first WHF armies way back in 1996 were from the 5th edition box set; Bretonnians and Lizard Men, my son and I had a blast with those mode...